Regardless of the time of year, there are always things that can be done to raise funds for us
Top tips and advice on planning your own activity
Have you ever thought of organising your own fundraising event? Take a look at our tips below.
- Have fun – and choose a fundraising event that you will enjoy. If you’re having a good time people are more likely to join in.
- Keep it simple – The best fundraising projects are the simplest. Be realistic and cost out your event carefully. Keep a checklist so you know what needs to be done along the way.
- Keep it legal – Keep in contact with us to ensure everything you are doing is legal.
- Do your sums – Make sure you keep an accurate report of all financial transactions you make for your event. If possible use a separate bank account to cash money and please don’t send cash in the post.
- Why are you helping us? – If you have a personal reason for supporting the Therapy Centre share it with potential supporters and share it across social media to generate interest.
- Choose your date carefully – Be aware of major sporting events, other local events and school holidays and work around them.
- Tell us about it – We’d love to hear what you’re planning and can jazz up your event with posters, balloons and materials to help make it even more of a success.
- Tell others about it – Tell your friends, family and work colleagues about what you’re up to and let your local paper and radio station know.
- Thank everyone – Let people know how grateful we are for their support and when you know how much you have raised, tell them so they know what a valuable contribution they have made.
If you need help with ideas or what needs to be done contact us at email@example.com or on 020 8660 1181
Donations are really important to the continued running of the Ryan MS Therapy Centre, particularly as we receive no government funding.