Group Classwork Restarting 5th July 2021
We know that many of our members have been enjoying the combination of online classes and 1-1 appointments that have been on offer since September but we are aware that some are missing the social aspect of our in-person group classes.
We are therefore happy to announce that with the continued easing of restrictions, Sarah and the physio team are now able to include an element of group classwork in our weekly schedule.
Therefore, With effect from Monday 5th July, the following will be available to members
- 2x Zoom classes on Tuesdays - 10am (Floor) and 12pm (Seated Patterning) both taken by Catherine
- Facebook Live classes to cease with the final one being on Thursday 17th Previous online classes will still be available to replay
1-1 in person appointments
- Available, as currently, Mondays, Wednesdays and alternate Thursdays and Fridays
- Will take place in our Large Gym
- Maximum of 12 appointments each day
- Booking by appointment as currently
- Members will be allowed to book one 1-1 appointment a fortnight
Group classwork - NEW
- Will take place on the same days as 1-1 appointments above so Monday, Wednesdays and alternate Thursdays and Fridays
- 3 classes a day (10am, 11:30am and 1pm start times)
- Selection of class types e.g. Floor, Seated Patterning, Walking & Balance, Wheelchair Patterning
- Each class will last for 1 hour
- Classes will take place in our Small Gym
- Maximum of 5 people per class.
- Booking onto classes will be required.
- Members will be allowed to book one group class a fortnight
If you have not attended the Centre since the original lockdown in March 2020 but would now like to do so, that’s fantastic news and we will be happy to have you back. Because of the time that has passed, you will need to have a telephone reassessment and have signed a COVID consent form before coming in but it’s super-easy and we can help you to do so. Please contact us on 020 8660 1181 and we will take you through the process.
Members can be assured that preventing the spread of COVID19 remains a priority for the charity and as well as the wiping down of all equipment and surfaces after each use, the following measures will be introduced in addition to those currently in place.
- The Small Gym will be misted daily with disinfectant (including all mats and tables) and the Reception and Large Gym weekly.
- Covers will be used for Pilates cushions when used and changed for each new user.
- Couch Roll will be used for face contact with mats when lying down
- Staff will wear masks in group classes as well as masks, gloves and aprons during 1-1 appointments.
Although we are still unable to offer refreshments at the Centre, a seating area will be set up outside the building for members to enjoy their own after their class. Disinfectant spray will be made available for general use and members are asked to continue to respect social distancing requirements whilst in this area.
Thank you for your patience and ongoing support as we move into this next phase of our reopening. Although not back to our pre COVID position quite yet, we are delighted that this new schedule takes us one step closer to being able to offer all members weekly access to physiotherapy here at the Centre with the bonus of online classes being available for those times when attendance in person is not feasible or when additional support may be required.
To book either a 1-1 appointment or group class or to speak to us about anything email us or call us on 02086601181
We look forward to hearing from you.
Donations are really important to the continued running of the Ryan MS Therapy Centre, particularly as we receive no government funding.